Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Davis ready to explode
After a run to the 6A State Championship game last year, plenty of Broken Arrow (Okla.) juniors picked up interest from a number of schools. One of the Tigers' standouts is DE Frankie Davis, who is anxiously awaiting the arrival of football.

Davis was a vital member of a stingy Tiger defense that led Broken Arrow to a state title game appearance, eventually losing to Tulsa Union in arguably the best HS football game the state witnessed in 2011.

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound defensive end finished his junior season with 50 tackles and nine sacks, but more importantly, showed that he was one of BA's most athletic players on the defensive side of the ball.

Not only was Davis busy chasing down quarterbacks last fall, but he also picked up waves of interests from several schools including several nearby universities.

"I've been talking to Tulsa quite a bit," said Davis. "Houston, Arkansas State and Kansas State have also been in contact with me."

As far as Tulsa goes, Davis is very interested in playing for a school he grew up watching and a school not far from home.

"I really like that Tulsa is close to home. Playing close to my family is very important to me, and that will play a factor in my decision," Davis said.

After attending the NIKE Camp in Dallas this past weekend, Davis said his next focus will be on attending the Okvarsity.com Combine at Broken Arrow, followed by visits to a spring practice and Junior Day at Tulsa, as well as the summer camp at TU.

"I plan on going up to Tulsa a couple of times this spring and summer. I'm going to head up to one of their spring practices on the (March) 31st and their Junior Day which is the (April) 7th, I believe," said Davis. "I hope I can get down to Houston or over to Arkansas State this summer, but I'll have to wait and see."

Individually, Davis is preparing for a busy spring and summer (and eventually fall of 2012) by bulking up and becoming as light on his feet as possible.

"I'm really focused on continuing to hit the weight room really hard. I want to keep getting stronger," said Davis. "I also need to get quicker and work on my footwork more. Those two things will hopefully help me out for next fall."

Not only is Davis hungry to improve in his own self, but he's also anxious to make his team better in hopes to return to the state playoffs in 2012.

"I think we worked hard all year, last year. We took it one practice at a time, one game at a time. We're going to have to do the same thing this year," said Davis. "We didn't look ahead of anyone. We took it one step at a time, and that's what it will take to get back to where we were last year."

Fellow 2013 classmate, CB Cre Moore, joined Davis, who runs a 4.8 40-yard dash, at the NIKE Combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment